Matthew 6:22-34 presents a continuing repetition of the teaching before it, beginning at the Beatitudes in chapter 5.
In short, focus on God’s blessings as full and complete in your life, understand you lack nothing in Christ. These truths speak about:
1) The vanity of temporary riches
2) The incorruptible nature of eternal blessings found in Christ, and
3) How your perspective here on earth impacts your heart and mind.
Focusing on three points we look at this lengthy section of Christ’s teaching as follows:
- Sincerity in Daily Living
(Gen 3; Luke 11:33-36; Romans 1)
- You Can’t Have It Both Ways
(Luke 14:26, 16:13ff; Col 3:1-11; Eph 4:17–24)
- Seeking God Defeats All Anxiety
(Psalm 27:1, 118:6; Phil 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:6–11)
Elder Matthew Davis
Covenant Reformed Church
at Grass Valley CA