Pastor Emeritus Dennis Roe presented the following message to the Congregation last Sunday. His emphasis in his recent messages has been on the revelation of Christ throughout the Old Testament, even as Christ revealed this truth to two disciples on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35). Pastor Roe presented the following five points which are taught in the sermon link above.
New Testament Text: 1 Peter 1:1-12; 3:16-22
Old Testament Text: Genesis 6:1-8
- NOAH’S NAME MEANS “REST.” Genesis 5:29 cf. Genesis 3:15 cf. Hebrews 4:1-16; *15-16
- OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD GOD’S GRACE/FAVOR CAME TO NOAH. Genesis 6:6-8
- GOD MADE EVERYTHING SUBJECT TO NOAH. Genesis 9:2 cf. Hebrews 2:8
- THE ARK IS A SYMBOL OF CHRIST. – Genesis 6:14 cf. 1 Peter 3:18-20
- GOD ESTABLISHED HIS COVENANT WITH NOAH. – Genesis 9:16 cf. Hebrews 13:20